moyogo's little blog

Blogging about Open Source, fonts, language technology, maps and random stuff happening wherever I am.

2005-09-19

Disconnected

I've been disconnected for a while. My new appartment has a fast internet connection directly through the university. But since the landlord, the company owning the building, the company managing student housing or the university don't seem to know anything about when or how it will actually be activated by the IT company the uni is outsourcing all this kind of stuff, I have no idea how long this will take.
This is very frustrating. I don't mind not being connected, I mind the fact that no body knows anything. It just seems like nobody cares. We have a bunch of students in a new building, not being able to communicate with the outside world in any other way that with cellphone. This is not very good when you have to do some research or collaborate on the internet. What if some of us are actually suppose to work, i.e. make some money from home?

Anyway, that's my rant of the month. Everything is else is pretty good. My classes are interesting. I'm meeting great people (lot's of Canadians by the way). I am really enjoying biking around too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home