moyogo's little blog

Blogging about Open Source, fonts, language technology, maps and random stuff happening wherever I am.

2005-01-27

gtk+ and gnome patches

I finally got my hands dirty in some little gtk+ hacking.


I've always wanted to improve the gtk+ IPA input method. Currently it's rather lacking a lot of characters, diacritics and modifiers. Instead of writing my own set of sequences or arbitrarly adding some to the current method, I went on and implimented the X-SAMPA sequences. This might not be the best sequences but at least the set covers almost all of IPA. The maintainers suggested including this in gtk-im-extra instead of the gtk+ package. My only worry is that gtk-im-extra is not included in any distribution and is not updated frequently (hasn't been released yet).


Then I also played around with the window selector applet from GNOME. I hacked an action menu on third button click, here's the patch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home